View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #44
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
OK, Dennis. Your mission should you choose to accept it (and even if you don't, really) is to pass on to Liz a request for more Inspector Chen, ASAP. Preferably five or six more novels, by, oh... yesterday seems reasonable.

And another request that she clone herself a few times. Or take whatever action is necessary to bump up her writing output by 2x or 3x or so. The Chen books are good enough to convince me that she's likely to have plenty more good stuff to write about.
She's had plenty of good stuff to write about. There are five of six extant novels that aren't part of the Inspector Chen universe.

And I think she wouldn't mind cloning herself. She lives in Glastonbury these days with her partner Trevor. They own three magick shops (Liz is a Druid), and the last I knew she was President of the Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce. She also teaches periodically (writing and pagan related stuff.)

Liz and Trevor have a radio program called The Witching Hour on Glastonbury Radio on Tuesdays that can be accessed over the Internet via http://glastonburyradio.com/listen_and_browse/ , and are both present on Facebook if you care to make your wishes known directly.

There's a mystery with pagan trappings in progress, but more Inspector Chen works are planned. She simply has to find time to write them.

Quote:
P.S. Oh yeah... All that new stuff that'll be showing up any day now should be available through Webscriptions. I don't really care who publishes the dead tree editions, but I want those yummy crunchy attractively-priced bits!
That's up to her publishers, I fear. Nightshade Press does the Inspector Chen books, and they have a deal with Webscriptions. Her UK publisher for other things is Macmillan. Her US publisher for other stuff was Bantam Spectra, but she got dropped from contract. I'm not sure she has another US publisher these days. Neither Macmillan nor Bantam Spectra seems likely to do a Webscriptions deal.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote