View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, KTSO, KFHD7, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
well that's a yes and no, you do have to buy and convert into an Amazon acceptied format. and Mobi is the one you have to use with Calibre.

so yes there are ways around it.

but with the Nook and Sony, Kobo and other e pub devices you dont, you buy and sideload, nothing extra or in some cases nothing illegal as you would have to do with the Kindle.

Techinally you are supposed to stay within Amazons wall garden but yes there are ways around it.

but again the point is with the nook you don't have to worry about it. Especially if some people aren't tech savy. For instance I cannot see for the life of me my father understanding Calibre and there are alot of people like him.
You know, it's good there is a reader for just about everyone and we should celebrate having choice without taking an "us vs. them" (the "my reader is better than yours") stance.

Share the knowledge, share the ebook reader love.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote