View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
jimplasticguy
jimplasticguy began at the beginning.

Device: None
Regarding the interesting Noreve design, I sent an email to them in France, and received the following response:

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email.
This case is under production. We will launch it in less than 2/3 weeks.
We will inform you as soon as we launch it on-line.
Thank you for your interest in our brand.

My best regards,

MichaŽl
I think I may just wait on this one. Maybe get a cheap sleeve until then. Thank you Pushka for the lead on that one. Also, I believe that there is a pretty good chance that none of the aftermarket folks got an early prototype to work with, hence the delay. I don't know that for a fact, but based on my gut, I am not going to reward Amazon for getting a leap on the competition that way. I love Amazon, but I don't owe them my case business.

One final thought as jimplasticguy. I have not held the Amazon lighted case, but from what I see, it looks like there is a curved piece of plastic that is pushed flat when slid into the case. If that is so, then I am very concerned about creep or - more importantly - stress relaxation and loss of shape, resulting in less than optimal lighting position over time. Some polymers, like Acetal, will handle being a spring better than others. I am not sure what they used.

Now you know. I am a plastic wonk.

Jim
jimplasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote