View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:58 AM   #19
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, KT, PB701/IQ, K2, PB360, BeBook One, Axim51v, TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Really, fjtorres?

Have you live with the Kobo or Kindle 3? They are virtually the same form factor -- and around 8 oz. I am quite impressed about how Kindle 3 makes great use of the screen real estate of a 6" screen.
Well, the K3 looks nice but I'm in no rush to replace my K2. For starters I want to see if they update the firmware on the K2. And "virtually" isn't *exactly* the same, now is it? The thing about ergonomics is that millimeters and grams matter. I like that they went to a bigger 5-way control but I'd be more impressed if they got rid of the unnecessary keyboard. That's almost two inches they could trim with no real impact to usability.

I like K3 (especially at that price) but it is hardly perfect.

Kobo? Light it is, but I'm no fan of bottom-grip designs. Neither the hardware nor the software has anything I need or want.

Since the question is about satisfaction, my answer stands; I prefer 5in to 6in.

Moving forward, I'll likely stick with what I have until I see what K4 brings next summer. If I get any new toys before then its more likely to be an Android webpad or one of the upcoming CoreULV Win7 tablets.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote