View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Calibre can convert into most formats, including Mobi, so I guess if you did that you could read public domain stuff (PDF and EPUB usually) on the Kindle, but I've never tried it and don't know if it works. I would forget about trying to get around DRM. That's for "experts," and the more ethical route is to borrow ebooks from libraries. That as I said is not possible, at least with my library, with a Kindle, so I wouldn't buy one. I liked the Kobo (Borders) when I tried it out in the US but didn't buy it. I have a Pocketbook 360 which I am content with, though I had some trouble with it at the beginning. I want to buy a second reader, but I think I will wait a couple of weeks because there are rumors of new ones coming into the stores. I suggest you buy in a store because returning things via mail, though cheaper, is a pain in the buttockios.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote