Thread: Classic Another B&N Experience
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Another B&N Experience

Some of you may have read my thread here:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95552

Regarding my terrible experience with B&N and the Nook. Well, today I went into another B&N (there are 4 within a 10 mile radius of my house), and talked to a gentleman who was incredible to talk to. I asked about a 1002 Nook specifically for soft rooting, and he was very interested in the rooting process, so he went and looked for one for me. They had 2 Wi-Fi and 2 3G left in stock, so I got one of the Wi-Fi ones. They asked if I wanted the warranty, and since I was rooting it, I said no, it voids the warranty. They said, we don't care, we'll swap it out anyway. So I will buy one from them in a few days, I've got 30 to purchase one.

Now I have to go back and teach the others how to do it. This was a quote from them:

"We are very hacker friendly, didn't you see the sign?" LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote