View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Yup -- it's a tribute to the efforts of the Kobo Team that they really nailed the most frustrating problems. It's remarkable that a simple thing like changing how the light works to indicate charging / charged significantly improves the user experience.

I have a Kindle 2 (Kindle 3 arrives tomorrow) and there are all kinds of good reasons why I prefer the Kindle and Amazon.

So why is it that I am spending at least half my time reading on my Kobo? And, more importantly to Kobo, buying as many ebooks at Kobobooks as Amazon? In my case it's because there are titles not available at Amazon OR the Kobo discounts provide an edge; this is particularly welcome now that Amazon has removed many of the $2 Whispernet tax charges for Canada.

An example of something I could have bought at Amazon or Kobo? Two books by Georges Simenon: at Amazon was US$9.99, at Kobobooks Can$8.79 less $2 discount + taxes ... Can$7.67 ... about a 25% savings. (Note: Amazon lowered the Simenon to US$9.60 this weekend, matching its cheapest paper edition. In Canada, the paper is $16.00.)
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote