Thread: iLiad Bigger Font for mrxvt?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #5
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Any suggestions?
The problem is that "default" (that's the name of that tiny font) is the only non-truetype font that the iliad has installed. And mrxvt only supports that type of fonts. As a side note, I suppose that "default" is there because is required for X to launch; all iRex apps use the truetype fonts.

Dillo had the same problem. I resolved the problem including more fonts in the dillo package along with the utils to register them. The dillo launch script calls those programs to register the additional fonts and then dillo looks sane.

With mrxvt something similar has to be done.

I recommend the following font (it's included in the dillo package):
-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-200-75-75-c-100-iso8859-1

it's filename is 10x20*.

If you prune the fonts directory, remember to only delete the fonts not needed, not the files _not_ended_ in gz (fonts.alias fonts.dir).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote