View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You've gotten some good advice here. And good for you to realize your dream of being a writer. I'd suggest you find a good writers' organization. If you know others who write horror, maybe you can form a critique group and critique each other's work. I write romance and belong to Romance Writers of America and also have a critique group. Perhaps there is a group out there for horror writers. Keep at it. Write your first draft, put it aside for a few weeks (Stephen King says put it aside 6 weeks), then read it all over again and revise. Stephen King has a great book called. "On Writing." I suggest you read that and read other books on writing, such as from Dwight Swain and Kirt Hickman. It is very difficult to find an agent or a publisher nowadays. There was a time when publishers looked down on self-pubbed books, but they don't so much any more. If you self-publish and do promo and your sales are good, a publisher will be interested in your work. Don't give up.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote