View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
A "dollar off" coupon usually doesn't get my attention. It SHOULD in these "economic times." But the Kobo buck offer didn't work on a couple titles I wanted (not the "highlighted" titles), so I kinda ignore the one dollar coupons any more.

The fine folks at eReader.com - I registered their software for my Palm devices way back when - send out 5% and 10% "e-coupons" in email regularly. Just not exciting.

But Kobo's five buck offer? That gets my attention. Seems that any offer that is at or above the price of a gallon of gas gets my attention ... Now gas is right at three bucks a gallon in Southern California.

I do have to admit (since we are private here) that Kobo has been responsible for me reading more fiction the past few months than I had for YEARS beforehand. My nightstand has computer books and mags, biographies, and other very non-fiction titles. But I have "explored" and purchased more fiction - from "majors" and from Smashwords and independent authors - and I am glad that I have experienced what I have with the Kobo.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote