View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #65
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet View Post
Mobipocket is not bad that way, allowing you at least a sample of the book... although I've found first chapters to often be misleading, many a book I've had to struggle past the first chapter before it gripped and turned out to be a good book; when I browse through a p-book, I open it in the middle and read a few paragraphs from there.
I used to see a lot of books that would put a few paragraphs of an internal chapter on an inside cover page, something akin to an exciting teaser scene:

Doc Savage took a quick look over the edge of the abyss, while Monk opined, "We'll never get to the bottom of the gorge in time to stop Baron Rotweiller from launching that rocket! What else can we do?" He hadn't noticed, though, that he was speaking to no one... as Doc had silently leapt off of the rock he'd been perched on, and was already plunging down into the thick forest canopy like a guided missile...

(Whew! Those were the days!...)

Anyway, I occasionally think about adding something like that to each of my novels' detail pages, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should give it a shot.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote