View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
No, I haven't downloaded the ST book yet. I'm not a real trekkie. I have no interest in going to a ST convention or dressing up like a Klingon. I did watch all the various ST spinoff shows that were on TV. Some of them were ok, some not. When there is so little SF on TV, you tend to watch what there is.

I really dislike most of what the SciFi Channel passes off for SF. Most of it is just another monster movie where everyone gets eaten. They also air way too many horror movies.

I just thought it was interesting that the Wolf 359 plot device was used in so many diverse SF stories, by different authors. The TV series Babylon 5 was famous for doing this. There were many references to older SF stories and authors, in one way or another in that series. The most blatent one was naming the Psi Cop "Alfred Bester". I'll let you look that one up.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote