View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
I looked them up on the web, and they look interesting, but don't want to be bound up with only Borders/Kobo ebooks. Wonder if it will be open or closed to other sellers?
You aren't limited to Borders/Kobo with the Kobo Reader. EPub can be purchased from numerous vendors and the Kobo Reader can be used to read them (using ADE or side loading through programs like Calibre to get them on the Kobo).

The Velocity is an Android based device (actually there are several models). Kobo/borders software comes preloaded, but may not be the only choices usable on them. I'm doubting it will have access to Android Market as only the custom Cruz Market is mentioned in the promotional material.

http://www.cruzreader.com/

PS: I'm sticking to eInk for my reading pleasure

Last edited by taming; 08-25-2010 at 08:41 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote