View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
zalmoxis
zalmoxis began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
The SD Card Again

I bought a Bebook One January 2009. The SD card reader didin't work, displaying only the "Recent Files" option but not the files on the card. About June/July (a year ago) I sent Bebook back to Endless Ideas for repair. It came back ok, reading my 500 Mb SD card. It worked fine untill yesterday.
I bought a 2 Gb SD card (SD, not SDHC). I inserted the new SD in the Bebook, and I got the same old error - only the "recent files" option was visible, but not the dozens of files, from PDF to DOC to ePub, etc. that were actually on the card.
Then I inserted the old card, that worked after the device came back from Endless Ideas and.... I doesn't read. Its exactly like it was before I sent it to be fixed. Not even the previous functioning card is working. It was OK until the minute I tried to use the new SD.

In the meanwhile, I tried everything, from formatting it with windows formatting tool, tried the panasonic utility... didn't tick the "quick format" option, etc. - in vain... it just doesn't work. If I connect the bebook to my laptop with the sd card inserted, the bebook keeps restarting.

Anyone has any ideas, besides buying a new machine?
zalmoxis is offline   Reply With Quote