View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozaru View Post
I don't even know yet if Gentium contains small cap glyphs, in which case I suppose we're back to square one, i.e. looking for the right free font to start with.
Oh, it appears not to anyway, so fair enough. It looks like Charis does -- although names the glyphs with a ".SC" suffix (sigh). And the TeX Gyre fonts do -- I'm not sure how they'd look next to Gentium, but they've got large glyph complements and most of the typographic bells and whistles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozaru View Post
Annoying in a way that ADE is forcing me to spend time learning the details of font construction, but wonderful that such resources exist (and the same goes for mobileread, natch). Annoying too to think that as likely as not, in 5 years' time ADE will support small-caps, there will be hundreds of free fonts with small caps & macrons, and MS Word (?) will support saving straight to ePub with fully validated code & optimized CSS...
I do hope that ADE supports it soon -- every other contemporary renderer can at least fake it. I'm pretty skeptical about MSWord producing fully validated and optimized CSS though :-).
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote