View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"Access denied" when connected to computer. Virus.

What happened is that I somehow picked up a virus on my Kindle 2 that AVG detected. I moved it into the Virus Vault. It's a "Trojan Horse Generic 18.BSLT" - something about "motion open.exc." (I believe all this happened when I was demo-ing some software. I have promptly deleted it.)

My Kindle 2 works fine, in that I can read from it. However, when I plug it into my computer, I get the "access denied" message. I can still finagle my way into "Documents" by going to "Autoplay" and then clicking on "Open Folder to View Files." This is from Microsoft Explorer, by the way.

I did a reset with the power switch, to no avail.

I'm running 2.5.3 on an International Kindle 2.

I'm wondering what would happen if I installed 2.5.3 on top of 2.5.3?

Any other suggestions?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote