Thread: PRS-600 on the fence - suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
I've had my Sony PRS600 since April and I just love it. Granted, there is the glare issue with the screen, but it's just a matter of changing the angle of the thing a bit to eliminate that. Have read reports about the screen fading in direct sunlight, but at least on my machine, direct sunlight is probably the best of all for contrast and readability.

Like StephieKC, I got an MEdge cover with their little reading light, which compensates just fine in low-light situations.

And like you, I have no problem connecting the reader to my PC - for downloading reading material as well as for charging. So far, I'm finding that using Calibre to download a couple of newspaper sites I follow (a couple of times a week, anyhow) is more than enough to top up the charge without the need for any prolonged charging and no real need for a dedicated charger. I deliberately chose a model without wireless, for a variety of reasons, but primary among them is not wanting to be distracted while reading - by e-mail, games, surfing or whatever else. (OK, there's also the whole geographic restriction thing - which I kind of overestimated.) Like you, I have a "3G" phone, but find the Internet side of it more or less useless.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote