Thread: Corrupted files
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Corrupted files

I had moved my Calibre database to an external hard drive to copy it to another laptop.
This is an older 500 gig HD but I had no previous problems with it.
I did the copy to the other computer with no problems AFAIK and then continued on adding books and editing metadata

Yesterday I started to get read errors on external HD.

I copied files from HD to laptop HD with no errors but many books are corrupted.

Any suggestions as to how to find out how many are corrupted?
I tried save to disk but it just saves them corrupted or not
I am not in dire straights as I hopefully have a fairly recent backup but don't really want to redo editing etc. if avaoidable.

Thanks for any input good news or bad.

Helen

speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote