View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I am very much against bullfighting. I am more so against humans getting mauled and people making light of it. Would you two have stood up and cheered when the poor guy got killed?
I agree with what you're saying H_T but only to a point. No, I'm not going to cheer their getting mauled or killed, but neither do I have any remorse. I understand cultural significance and all that but how can anyone watch that and think that it isn't wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I dunno... does a person really expect sympathy when they deliberately, knowingly, put themselves in a dangerous situation - and get splatted?
Exactly, I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobedy View Post
Second, culture doesn't excuse animal cruelty.
Take a look at the photo of the gouging. Look what is happening to the bull. Bleeding, in agony, from the barbed sticks stabbed into his back. About to be killed.
I was going to mention that picture as well. Also the article associated with it says "Matador in hospital after horrific goring" and "dramatic goring ... that had the crowd screaming in horror."
Why is it horrific, and why are people screaming in horror when it is the person getting mauled? The article didn't mention the bull at all.

And finally there is this, "There were fears for his life in the first anxious hours after the goring...", no fears for the bull, but then again was there ever any doubt that it was going to tortured and killed?

Again, I'm not cheering anyone's pain or suffering, I'm just not concerned that it happened to them either.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote