View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 AM   #19
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
That's what I'm doing, unmounting my SD card and swapping back and forth between PC and tablet. It works, though it's cumbersome.

After having using the Augen for ~2 weeks, I'm really liking it. My current gripe is that screen brightness is an all-or-nothing affair. Well, that's not strictly true. There's a tiny little range somewhere near the bottom of the brightness scale where you can get maybe 10 different levels of brightness out of the device, but the range is so small that it's very easy to overshoot and go to full off. It seems like a mapping issue with the display driver on the device and the screen's capabilities, since the screen is fully capable of multiple dimming levels.

Perhaps there's a hack available to widen the range of brightness values.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote