View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #33
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505, Nook Color(CM7), iPad3
Quote:
Before things got horribly cheapened and quality-lowered I might have also had a very negative POV and yelled a bit against these things..but times have changed and they are a much better thing now than they were 10 or 20 years ago;
Financially, they are still a very good deal for the companies selling them, and therefore must be a bad deal (purely financially) for those buying them. It is a zero sum game, if the finance companies are making money, it is because on average they are charging more than they are paying out.
The products may have become more likely to break, but that in case the prices charged for the insurance will also have risen.

Quote:
and for me as I age they are even better because of the lowering finances in my life AND as a wise person said above - the simple peace of mind they provide.
And that is a perfectly good reason to buy them, just note a purely financial one. Peace of mind is something that has to be valued by each person individually, and can't be reduced to a simple dollar figure.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote