I guess it's not really "news" as the source is two months old but I just noticed it and there are some tidbits which I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.
On June 5th an editorial
was posted on the-ebook.org titled "Color Content". It claims that:
1) Mirasol devices are coming out this fall
2) Qualcomm chose a single distributor/manufacturer in three regions: America(s?), Europe and Asia
3) PocketBook Global will be responsible for European region
4) PocketBook Global sold 10% of the 3.640.000
E-Ink screens sold in 2009.
5) PBG signed an agreement with FoxConn (aka Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd.) to improve the quality of their hardware
Now, of course this is not 100% reliable info but The-ebook (Vladimir Prohorenkov) has close connections to most of the industry in ex-USSR, including PocketBook, so this information is likely to be mostly correct. I find especially interesting is the number of screens sold, I think it's the only time we've seen such exact numbers.
BTW, PocketBook have been hinting that they will has some juicy announcements to make at IFA this September. Interestingly enough, the website lists
both "Pocketbook Readers GmbH" and