View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #27
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowen View Post

That is intentional. Think of bookmarks as little tabs you've added to the book so you can review them all later rather than a single bookmark of your progress. It does remember which page you are up to automatically on any book you open, and you can get your most recent book by pressing MENU -> UP -> ENTER.... but again clumsy and it should just default to a menu item for "Open most recent book" on turning on with a list of the 5/6 most recent books opened below it in my view.
Ah! I've been using bookmarks to remember where I am. Before I turn off the Story I bookmark my place. When I switch on I've backed up to the top menu, found Bookmarks and chosen my place, then, when I get there, I've removed the bookmark. Now I know it goes back to the old place, I'll stop. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowen View Post

Everything in the books folder is my tactic (I've given up using the SD card now and decided to put all in its internal memory - so much for my plan of having all my books on an SD card for portability between multiple ereaders/tablets when they drop sufficiently in price).
Just a thought. This machine runs linux. Has anyone thought of making the root of the SD card a symlink under the Books folder? I would, but I haven't a SD card lying around, and I've still got about 1,75 GB of the base memory available.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote