Originally Posted by Tricky
I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the metadata... It hangs after sending the book to the device, the book is there, but the metadata isn't
Try running calibre in debug mode, which will produce a detailed log showing (at least) where calibre is spending its time. Having the log will help me figure out what is going on.
To run in debug mode:
1) Unplug your 700
2) open a command box (start, run, type cmd, OK)
3) Type "cd \" (no quotes)
4) Type "calibre-debug -g > caldebug.txt 2>&1"
5) Calibre should now be running. Plug in your 700 and send a book. Wait as long as you are willing, but not longer than a couple of minutes.
6) Stop calibre however you must. You should get a prompt on the command line.
7) Post the file c:\caldebug.txt here. It would be good to zip it first.
8) Delete the caldebug.txt file, as well as the zip file if you made one.
The log shouldn't contain any personal information other than the name of the book you sent and possibly some series names. Look at the file before posting it if you have any concerns about what might be in it.