I got my Kindle DX Graphite a couple of weeks ago and was immediately disappointed with the way you're forced to manage collections.
To this end I've spent some time deciphering various Kindle files and eBook file formats and have come up with a Kindle Collection Manager for Windows.
It allows you to drag and drop ebooks (only PDF & mobi at present*) that are already on your device into new and existing collections.
Version 0.3 has the following features…
- Manage existing collections (create, rename, update and delete)
- Explore your Kindle folders and drag and drop books into one or more collection
- Create collections from folders of books
I've attached some screenshots so you can see the app in action.
The app has been built using the .Net Framework v4.0 (Client Profile) and if not installed will prompt for you to download and install it.
If you would like to become part of the beta programme for this app and download the latest version, please visit my website...
Once you've signed up, you'll receive a link to download the current version (v0.3). I'm almost ready to release v0.4 which has a number of bug fixes and sports these new features...
- App now supports AZW, PRC TPZ and AZW1 files
- App checks for the Kindle before commiting. It may have been ejected by Windows or just unplugged.
- New "options" dialogue.
- Set whether folders expand automatically after being created.
- Set whether collections are expanded automatically after being created.
- Switch between physical filename and metadata book title for DRM titles in files & collections.
- "New look" toolbar :-)
For v0.5, I'm thinking of adding these new features...
- Detect Kindle insert.
- Drag and drop new document files into the app and/or collections which automatically copy to the Kindle.
- Rename and delete files which update the Kindle and items in collections.
- Drag and drop files between folders on the kindle, while maintaining their existence in any collections.
- "Sync" feature that sets up collections for an entire folder of documents and their contents.
If you can think of anything else you'd like the app to do, please PM or email me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and best regards