View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4S
A long long time ago, a friend of mine told me: You know why I love to read crime novels? Because they're the only ones where you know what the characters are having for lunch.

I didn't like The Girl Who Played With Fire, but I don't mind reading details like this, if the writing is good (it's not in the case of Larsson IMO). They add an element of... I don't know, familiarity maybe. They make the characters more real I think.

Besides, IMO it's not really important what the authors writes about, as long as it's well written. A well kown French writer wrote a book describing in detail the content of every appartment in a building (at least that's how I remember it, it's been a long time since I read it). The book is called Life, a User's Manual.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote