Thread: NYT Kindle obit
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #23
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have both an iPad and dedicated eInk reading devices, and wouldn't want to be without either.

The iPad makes an excellent reading device for reading at home. Its 10" screen is about the same size as a hardback book, and, indeed, the iPad itself is about the same weight as a hardback book. I find reading on it to be very pleasant indeed.

However, when "out and about", a 5" or 6" eInk device is a lot more convenient.

The devices are complimentary; neither is definitively "better" than the other.
I thought about getting rid of my DX and doing just that... though I would use the Kindle app for the iPad and get the Kindle 2/3 for on the go... Still up in the air thouhg
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote