View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3G, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I don't think it in our interest for Amazon to 'win' ... so I shall not contribute to their success....
I am not sure there is anything we can do about it.

I have been here for a year and a half, I've been through a couple of Sonys before the iPad. I can correct and recompile my own ePubs. I've even converted from a few other formats - after liberating them. I am typical of the Mobile Read community, and I reckon I represent maybe 0.25% of the English reading population.

My wife likes the fact that Amazon are gaining massive traction with the Kindle because she thinks we have too many paperbacks in our house. The idea of getting her book club novels cheaply with nothing physical to take up space after the group makes her very happy. She has no idea what ePub or topaz or mobi or lit or anything other format is, and she doesn't care. I think she represents 25% of the same population.

Amazon want her. They will get her. They couldn't care less about me! We are outnumbered!

I think it was one of Douglas Adams' Vogons who said "resistance is futile". Co-incidentally that was one of the first protected .lit files I downcoverted and fed into Calibre. Happy days
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote