View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpelfrey View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to use multiple Franklin eBookMan devices on a single computer? I have purchased several and have not found a way to use more than one on a single computer, to load files to the eBookMan. I thought I might over come this issue by loading my books to MMC cards and then putting the cards in a different eBookMan, but on many files I get the message that the book was for a different PID.

I also considered reinstalling the software each time I wanted to load files to a specific eBookMan, but that sure would be a pain.

I sent a message to support on Ectaco, asking this, but never received any response.

Thanks for any ideas.

Welcome to mobileread ....

Each of those eBookMan devices will have its own unique PID; each book will, therefore need registering. The PID is needed because of DRM.... Have you tried using books that are not restricted ?

[After reading the wiki - I may be wrong, http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Franklin_eBookMan ]

[edit again: Do you mobipocket reader installed ?]

Last edited by GeoffC; 08-06-2010 at 05:41 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote