View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #156
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I have tried to read through every iPad thread I can find, and can't seem to figure out why I'm having so many issues with calibre + iPad. calibre plus every other reader I've had has been a pure joy, but working with it and the iPad has been a trial at best.

My first and biggest issue is every time I send a new set of books to the iPad, most of the books I previously sent are deleted. Argh! My library is approaching 2000 books so this is a big problem for me. I feel like I'm on a big treadmill—add authors A-C, then add D-F and watch A-C disappear. And so on and so on. Is there some setting in iTunes or calibre I'm missing?

More minor problems that are still irritations:

Is there a way to get the series number to appear somewhere. From the prior posts in this thread it seems I should, but I can't figure it out. My series all sort in the proper order (at least for the 10 minutes they are actually on the device) but if I'm missing books in the series I don't know about it.

Also, there seem to be some tags hard coded into books that keep popping up as categories. For example my copy of The Puppet Masters from Baen always appears with the category Science Fiction, even though I have no tags and no series info for this book via calibre. Is there a way to get rid of these unwanted tags? They really disturb my anal retentive self.

Finally my pdf's don't sync properly between calibre and iBooks. In Calibre they have the name entered in the metadata but on the iPad they have the filename. Because of this calibre never sees that I have them already on the device.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

-Marcy