View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Landscape has changed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgiridar View Post
Robert

Welcome back after a well-earned rest. For sure you were missed in the forum.

The landscape has changed a bit in the last 2-3 weeks and hopefully you are rejuvenated to take them head-on.

I continue to love Astak products and look forward to new ones.

Best wishes
Dear vgiridar:

Yes it has!! This morning I read where there is a Kindle that has Wi-Fi and sells for $139. What is happening here is Kindle could end up (yet) having a monopoly on eBooks. It is NOT only their device sales that grow... it is their format that grows. Mobipocket may yet take over the entire world. If everybody who buys the new Kindle HAS to have it with Mobipocket... and Kindle becomes the ONLY source for Mobi eBooks... where does that leave Astak?

So, yes, I have a lot of thinking to do on this entire subject. The landscape HAS changed. Short run.. good for consumers. Long run... could be a disaster for consumers as one massive monster controls everything they buy, see, read, and think they own.

Me? I like freedom of choice and value that highly. I see this as a threat!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote