View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
I don't have any comics to try on my Kindle DXG, but I used a simple Microsoft Word file and filled a single page with text. I set the paper size to 5.0" wide by 7.4" high and put a 0.0" margin on all sides except he right side I used 0.1", otherwise it clipped the last letter on the right side. I then saved the file as a PDF. See the scrrenshot below. The text pretty much fills up the screen except for appx. 0.2" space around the edges, which I think is a Kindle thing. You can use the same size of paper but add comics instead.

If you experiment with the page size and margins you will probably get a bit more screen coverage.

[EDIT]I created a similar file but with an image.[/EDIT]

Summary for PDF page setup:
  • Page width = 5.0"
  • Page height = 7.4"
  • Top margin = 0.0"
  • Bottom margin = 0.0"
  • Left margin = 0.0"
  • Right margin = 0.1"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-53319.gif
Views:	80
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	56147   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-53320.gif
Views:	71
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	56149  

Last edited by jswinden; 08-04-2010 at 12:29 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote