View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
RobertB of Astak is back... let's talk!!

Dear All:

For those who don't know... I have been gone from the forum for about 2.5 weeks recovering from a very painful and worse than expected knee surgery! For those who hate me>>> feel good as the suffering was dramatic and beyond the pain scale!

For those who do like me, luckily the vast majority, I arrive at work tomorrow in the afternoon and have a few appointments but will soon have the time to set this forum right again.

First off>>> we ARE going to have new models. You know the plus should be ready to release by now (I will know all tomorrow)! There are numerous other models we have looked at... with keyboard, without keyboard with Wi-Fi, faster than any other device I know of. We have looked at 9 inch. All of these are being examined for WHICH we want to bring to market. The 7 inch MID is also rolling right along! Now, we will NOT be able to sell these for $139!! We cannot take a loss like Kindle and B&N can do and are doing. They will be the finest devices on the market and competitively priced... but you will pay a bit more! However, you will continue to get the quality case and ear buds and other things included to make it the better VALUE!

Now, as soon as I get back and catch up on work I will tell you all I can. I already know the changes at EZRead.com are mindblowing!! I have been playing with the interactive forum every day while recovering and LOVE it!! It is only up for testing by staff right now... but it will be a butt kicker and it works great!! Reviews, recommendations, problem solving, author bios, and just idle chit-chat about eBooks... it is all about to hit!! As is a complete website redesign by a PRO and things like the Wish List finally coming and the agency model titles getting up also!! This much I already know... what is coming at www.EZread.com in the next three weeks should be incredible!!

Just realize that I have had NO correspondance with my fellow ermployees since July 15. They demanded that I get total rest and NOT work. Give me a chance to step back in and get up to speed!!

For all those who wished me well>>> thank you aLL!! I read every post and you know how worried I was! I made it thru, I have three months to go before the knee is 95% back>>> but I am so elated and so grateful!!

Last edited by Robertb; 08-03-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote