View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #48
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerbird View Post
hadrien said:
> we've got an API that makes it possible for any
> application or website to interact with Feedbooks

so, hadrien, i've built an app that will let people
download books from your site, even en masse.

do you discourage indiscriminate downloading?

would you like for me to distribute the program?

-bowerbird
I really don't mind much. I've noticed that since we've added ePub support, 2 IPs at least, downloaded all of our books as ePub.

Our API wasn't created for such a purpose though, and keep in mind that there's still a few things missing, like footnotes or hyphenation in our current ePub output. The API is here for those who'd like to integrate Feedbooks into another application, website etc...

I'll post a full page explaining how things work tomorrow.

The only things that would be better for us, is having people logged in on the website before they download anything (through us or a third party application). This way we can improve our recommendation system (and with already 20k+ books available on PG, I believe we REALLY need a recommendation system on a public domain website).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote