View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Termy Nator
Termy Nator began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Mentor
Angry My Astak Mentor stopped working

Hi,

I've purchased my 6" Astak Mentor from NewEgg about 2 months ago. I've already owned a 5" EZ Reader Pro and I am really happy with it. The Mentor is an entirely different experience: except for the much better screen, it's much worse as speed, software, manipulation, etc.

The Mentor device started playing tricks - when powering on it started hanging up on the initial title screen and even reset wouldn't help until the (2GB) SD card was ejected and the device reset. Then you could insert the card and start reading (after a while, of course). Finally, a couple of days ago, the device didn't boot at all - it only shows the gray scale even if you reset it, with or without SD card inserted. I've tried taking the battery out, but no luck there either.

I've e-mailed the Astak support twice, I've left voice mail for the "Support" (ext. 158), but no contact yet.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? How about hints on contacting the Astak "support"? If I don't hear from Astak in a day or two, I will take it up with Newegg, though I suspect I know what their answer would be.

Thanks in advance.
Termy Nator

P.S. I can see RobertB's postings and he's titled a director at Astak. I hope he would read this and help me out.
Termy Nator is offline   Reply With Quote