View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Wet Coast
Wet Coast began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original & Wifi
Exclamation Two Months With My Kobo-Still Missing Promised "Smartphone" BT

I preordered my Kobo after e-mailing Kobo to confirm the BT feature was indeed, available on smartphones (I have an iPhone). The BT feature was the deal clincher for my purchase of a Kobo rather than a Sony. Two months later, the BT feature is available only on select Blackberry models. I am willing to purchase another touchscreen phone from Rogers to utilise the Kobo BT feature, but every time I check with Kobo, I'm told the BT feature for other smartphones "is coming" - very vague. Well, so is the 22nd Century!

For those of you researching which e-reader to buy, be warned: Kobo promises but they don't deliver. If I had to do it again, I'd purchase the new wifi Kindle for $139. The idea of the Kobo is great, no bells and whistles, used to cost less but unfortunately - they haven't delivered what was promised and their website is misleading. They state you can sync via BT using "select smartphones":

Bluetooth® Connection
Sync your eReader wirelessly with select smartphones and update your reading list on the go.

That really should be: "....with select Blackberry models #xxx, #xxx...."

Disappointed.
Wet Coast is offline   Reply With Quote