View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #10
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Addict View Post
The Kobo initially seemed 'beta', but a recent software update made it 'better'. Still navigation is painful, and there's no connectivity other than USB. It is small and light - maybe too light, as it feels a bit 'cheap' compared to the Kindle and Nook.
This is incorrect. The Kobo also has bluetooth wireless and an easily accessible SD card slot. The nook's card slot is micro-SD and only accessible by removing the battery cover, which is inconvenient for hot-swapping (very useful because I don't have to worry about rounding up a USB cord). The bluetooth is designed primarily to synch with a Blackberry, but will also accept files from a computer or cell phone (you have to plug the device in to a wall charger or computer to get it to refresh the database unless it is synched with a BB). I found this to be quite useful because it allowed me to send files directly from my cell phone without having to fire up a computer (I have wall chargers laying about conveniently, so plugging it in wasn't a problem). I have to disagree with you about it feeling cheap. I thought it felt quite solidly built. The quilted back was quite nice. The device definitely appealed to me aesthetically. The main problem with the Kobo, IMHO, is that it is simply too slow. It reminds me of the nook before all the firmware updates sped it up.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote