View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
jekoby
jekoby began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for the response! I am not sure what I was doing to mess it up, but I went through the steps "slowly" and watched to make sure that I got the message that the files were up to date on both the desk top and the laptop, then opened Calibre on the laptop and the book was there! Yea!

I'm guessing that I really have to pay attention to that, because I was having trouble even keeping the book I was experimenting with in the original Calibre (desk top). I loaded it & fixed the meta data on it a couple of mornings ago and put it on my Kindle - but when I opened Calibre tonight, it wasn't there (though the file is in the Calibre library). So I loaded again it again & closed Calibre - still was gone when I re-opened it. I did that several times - then finally it worked and stayed there. Then - after closing & exiting Calibre and waiting for the files to be completely up to date - when I opened Calibre on my laptop, the book was there. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong - but from now on I'll pay more attention to the opening/closing of the program(s) and waiting.

Thanks again for your help.
jekoby is offline   Reply With Quote