View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoby View Post
I have a desk top and a laptop computer - both running Vista Home Premium. I have Calibre and Dropbox on both. My Calibre library is on/in Dropbox. If I add a book into Calibre on my lap top computer, it will show up in Calibre on my desk top when I open it. But, if I add a book into Calibre on my desk top computer, it will not show up in Calibre when I open it on my lap top.

I close Calibre (from the system tray) on one computer before opening it on the other. I don't know what to try next.
Since you have the "only running one copy of calibre at a time" thing down then it is just a matter of timing.

When you are on your laptop updating books in calibre, I'm betting your desktop is running and Dropbox is actively syncing files so by the time you open calibre on your desktop the files have already been synced.

But when you switch from your desktop to your laptop you most likely have to power up your laptop. This means the the files you updated on your desktop are not synced yet. After starting up your laptop wait until Dropbox indicates all files up to date (this can take some time after initial start-up) prior to opening calibre. If you open calibre before the files are updated the fact that you are running calibre will prevent Dropbox from updating the files.

Remember to wait to run any program that you want synced with Dropbox for Dropbox to fully sync prior to opening the program otherwise problems will arise.

It is just a matter of timing.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote