View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #22
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
But something bothers me about this book being identified, and defined, as a book about 'violence' and a 'brutal rape'. Yes, that's in there - but it's such a small portion of it.
Considering what I read via others sources about the ongoings of day-to-day life in Afghanistan and what people there have to deal with, I think there is remarkably little violence and brutality in the book. The reality is by far more brutal and violent, and yet the people have to live it. I think whatever unpleasant things happen and are described in the book are necessary to give the reader a feel of that.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote