View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Exclamation Reselling apps - legal or not?

I've asked the same question about eBooks about 1 year ago.
Consensus, confirmed by Amazon: You don't own eBooks, you just have a license to use them. So you can't resell them.

Do you agree to that? (I'm not asking whether you agree to the concept itself. I guess all of us think the same: BS big time).
I'm interested whether your legal understanding is the same.

And then question to me: What about apps?
May I resell my iPad/iPhone, bundled with my apps?

On one hand, I can understand the argument of not being able to resell: You could copy your apps on various iPads and might be able to make a profit of it (I doubt it, I don't see users paying $ 1,500 for iPad + 300 apps. But in theory this could happen).
On the other hand, "honest users" who just want to move on, close their account and would like to resell the whole package, get punished.

The old discussion: eBooks for example are as expensive as paperbacks (sometimes even hardcovers). I could resell the paper book without any problems. But I'm not allowed to do so with my eBook. [¢¶]][‘±[“[“[¢“ concept!!!

So: Legal or not?

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-31-2010 at 02:11 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote