View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Kindle Review: Kindle 3, iPad Thoughts

http://ireaderreview.com/2010/07/30/...ipad-thoughts/

Not a review, more the blogger's thoughts on both devices. Worth a read if you are trying to decide to get one, the other, or both. Also sounds like the Kindle 3 screen is MUCH better than the Kindle 2.

( I do question his: "LCD is just as good as eInk is a fallacy. Yes, there is 5% to 10% of the population that isnít affected. The rest of us are human" statement. Made up percentages don't make an opinion more valid But let's not get into the whole eInk/LCD thing. )

One thing that did strike me, and it has come up before in threads here (and other iPad/eReader articles I've read); the whole "iPad has all these distractions from reading" issue (the blogger mentions Chess in his article-wonder which app he's using!).

When I read, I read. Doesn't matter if its the iPad, my iPhone, my Sony, my paperback, or the back of a cereal box.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote