View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal6393 View Post
Yep, sometimes lbook is slow to do things. But it does them. The ability to delete books and subdirectories makes up for a lot of faults. The other great thing is that the (generally) darker fonts make reading much easier.

Coolreader is the greatest for reading text documents -- does a great job. That means I can drop a lot of documents that I want to scan through onto the device and not have to spend hours converting.

Overall, I would rate lbook firmware as the best currently available. Of course, I am always looking for a leg up and something "better".

Enjoy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Cool Reader 3 to read NonDRM EPUBs but it does not show the TOC.
I add my own inline TOC at the beginning of the book to work around that.

I can't say about ADE I don't use it. I have few times accidentally open ADE instead of CR3.
It seem to have the same speed to me but none of my EPUBs are over 1MB
and I have my EPUBs set to split it files if it's over 100kb inside the epub file.

The only slowness I notice is when CR3 is for the first time opening a book. Once it cached it opens much faster.

I think most who do use Lbook's firmware use it for CR3, better contrast and file management options.
Thank you both for your replies. Although most of my books are epub, most of what I am currently reading are .rtf. At home I prefer to use my print Bible, but for church, it's so much easier to use my Pocket Pro. Maybe I'll just have to reflash the firmware to Astak each Sunday morning, then go back to LBook when I get home and want to read my sci-fi fan fiction stories. You'd think there'd be an easier way, though...

Oh, here's another question... would multiple flashings of the firmware mess up the Pocket Pro at all? I mean, would I eventually have to reformat it? And if I did, does that mean I'd lose all my books currently on there?
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote