Thread: Which processor
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
gewain
gewain began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by oorwullie View Post
i am running android 2.1 and with most phones and tablets battery life is not good when wi fi is on but i`ve not tested how long but as i do not leave my house very often it is not a problem with me. no you cannot get the market but i have found many sites that i can download apps and transfer to tablet.
you can replace the battery yourself which is a bonus as a lot of tablets are unibody and changing battery is not easy.to sum up so far, i am very pleased with the unit so far.works well,no hangups so far(1 week) and wits has just posted an up date to rectify the low sound from the unit,so as i said before i am very pleased with this unit and compared to the archos unit the build quality is a lot better.
Hi oorwullie, love the avatar. It caught my eye and I had been considering getting the A81. After seeing your post I too got one from merimobiles. Perhaps you can help me with a couple of things.
I'm worried that it won't play videos on android 2.1. Do you know how to boot the machine into wince as that should have a media player in it? When you boot up, does it give you the option which OS to use?
Did you get an English manual or did you manage to find one somewhere? If not how did you manage to figure out how to upgrade firmware etc?
gewain is offline   Reply With Quote