View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Migrating from a Sony PRS505 to the new Kindle 3rd Gen. (possibly)

Hey guys,

I've had this Sony PRS505 for a long, long time now. It it is my first and only ebook device, and I've been very satisfied with it. But, I think it's time to upgrade to something better. The new Kindle seems VERY promising, especially since it offers free 3G internet in Montreal. I do have some questions though:

1. I've used my 505 with many bookstores, will I be restricted to Kindle's store or can I shop around on other websites?

2. Most of my books are free ones available from Mobileread and PG and I use Calibre to transfer them. Actually, I use Calibre for pretty much everything and I want to keep it this way. Will I be able to transfer free and non-drm books onto the Kindle from sources other than the Kindle store (via usb by Calibre)? Basically, I don't want the content on the device to be controlled by Amazon.

3. With both wifi and 3G enabled, how much faster does the battery deplete on the current Kindle?

That's pretty much it. If you have any general advice for someone thinking of going from a Sony reader to a Kindle, I'd love to read it.

Thanks in advance.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote