View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #22
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckledJim View Post
On an unrelated note, someone recently speculated that the DXG might have Wi-Fi. With the announcement of the Wi-Fi K3, I wonder if this is possible. Again it would be odd for the more expensive unit to be functionally inferior, given they have both been refreshed at the same time.
Later I'll use the FCC ID and look it up in the OET database. But I suspect not or they would have advertised WiFi up front on the DXG. The DXG is targeted for a different buyer, I think, so that might be why it doesn't have WiFi. Or it could be something as simple as the DXG was designed first, then when designing the K3 they realized WiFi would be a great option. But who knows?

[edit]
They are calling the new device the Kindle Wi-Fi and the Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi. I guess numbers are gone now, no K3, though we can call it that if we want to.
[edit]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	us-wifi-compare__V186815565_.png
Views:	1698
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	55860  

Last edited by jswinden; 07-28-2010 at 10:59 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote