View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
To (sort-of) address your concern though, if you sync using the desktop application, you will get the books in Kobo format, which will have the correct cover art associated with it.
I have now synced and also purchased more books (I am a sucker for punishment!) using the desktop applications to download them. The result is that I now have 5 books with the same boring generic cover.
While searching the Borders Australia site I came across some fine print that indicated that sometimes books were supplied without the cover art or had different covers to those listed on the web site.
I think it would be better to have that disclaimer on the actual book so that you knew what you were buying. Also instead of the same clip art for every book why not just use the title of the book? At least then you can tell them apart when looking at the covers.
So frustrating and annoying - makes me wonder exactly why I am paying for these books when I know I can get covers with the free versions.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote