Originally Posted by ccowie
I'm using Calibre 0.7.3
I have an old version of Calibre on an old laptop I haven't used in a while. I connected my 505 to it and changed that tags this morning. But, if there was a way I could do it in the version of Calibre I'm using now that would be great because this has happened about 4 times now.
You keep using a version not compatible with the way you maintain collections and this will happen 100 times!
If you have problems you can go to the change log
to see if there have been any changes in subsequent versions to the area you're experiencing problems.
Since 0.7.3 the below changes were made to correct problems with the Sony driver.
Release: 0.7.4 [19 Jun, 2010]
Release: 0.7.5 [25 Jun, 2010]
- SONY driver: Fix bug preventing the editing of collections in the device view
Release: 0.7.6 [28 Jun, 2010]
- SONY driver: Add a preference setting in Preferences->Add/Save->Send to device to control how collections are managed on the device by calibre
Release: 0.7.7 [02 Jul, 2010]
- SONY driver: Only update collections when sending book to device for the first time
Release: 0.7.8 [09 Jul, 2010]
- SONY driver: Only update metadata when books are sent to device.
Release: 0.7.9 [17 Jul, 2010]
- SONY driver: Only update the timestamp in the XML db for newly added books
- SONY driver: Fix handling of invalid XML databases with null bytes
Here is a thread where the three new collection management options for the Sony were discussed for a week prior to release, Sony collection management changes in calibre 0.7.9
As you can see it has been around a 4 weeks since the problems you're experiencing have been fixed.