View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Fly_Hyer
Fly_Hyer began at the beginning.

Device: none
A 6" eInk Reader that just reads - Nook? Kindle? Something Else?

I recently returned a Sony Touch 600 which I just could not get used to. It was like trying to read through a piece of glass. I don't want to see my ugly mug looking back at me when I am reading. And I really don't need the touch screen features. I would much rather have a clear screen to read with rather than the extra layer of touch screen. ymmv.

It was my first experience with a reader and I found it great fun and figured out Calibre quickly and had downloaded some really great free epub books from authors that I have always enjoyed, such as Mark Twain, Jules Verne, Charles Dickens, H.G. Wells, etc.

My question and what I want... I want an eReader that uses eInk, that has a clear sharp 6" (at least) screen, I will be reading only books, and would like a reader that I can add lots of free classics and can use Calibre with so I can pick and add my own covers etc. I would like wifi, 3g is not necessary.

Which of the current crop of readers would that be? (I think I would have liked the Sony 505 but that is no longer in production.)

Thanks in advance for your help! I am ready to buy!
Fly_Hyer is offline   Reply With Quote