Originally Posted by Logseman
Jackie, might you post a little bit about how you did convert the dictionaries? I intend to convert a Spanish-Spanish dictionary and it's giving me hell.
Hi Logseman, I'll have a go. I made myself a few notes at the time, compiled from various dictionary threads in this forum. (Many thanks to all original posters). This is what I wrote:
- Find a dictionary source file in
- Unpack the PocketBook Dictionary Converter program (I used v4.1 but I can't remember where I downloaded it from).
- Put the DSL (orXDXF) file into the same directory as the Dict Conv prog.
- Open a Command prompt (I am a WinXP user) and make the Dict Conv directory the current directory. Then run
converter.exe mydictfile.dsl engor
converter.exe mydictfile.xdxf eng
- This will create mydictfile.dic in the same directory which can be copied to PB360 system/dictionaries directory.
The blue bit, eng
is important. It is the name of a subdir in the Dict Converter directory specifically for English. It contains instructions on how to handle things like singular/plural, and the keyboard layout for the PB keyboard. You will need a Spanish equivalent, i.e. a subdir called spa
which contains all the Spanish "rules". Then in step 4 you would type spa
rather than eng
Here is a spa
directory that another forum member found (thanks to him/her). I 'm afraid that I do not speak any Spanish so I do not know how to correct the contents if they are not correct or complete.
I hope this helps. Good luck